How can YOU help us reach $50,000 in Scholarships
Philadelphia's youth want to attend college, but we all know it is expensive! Help offset the high cost of postsecondary education by supporting us as we try to reach $50,000 by 2017 to support eager new Penn State students from the Philadelphia area:
- Join in the Fun: Attend one of our upcoming events.
- Donate to the Fund
- Click here for more information about Corporate Matching Gifts
- Join the Scholarship Committee: We meet monthly and are always looking for new members.
- Shop AmazonSmile: Use Amazon.com the same way you always do, and a percentage of every order gets donated to the Scholarship fund at no extra cost to you!
- Spread The Word: Tell your friends about our efforts and spread the word through social media via #PSU4PHLED
Please email Scholarship and Student Outreach Director, Cody Snyder, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you wish to join the committee or have any questions.
Generosity Philly 5K Run/Walk
Walkers, runners, and rollers are welcome as we seek to raise $18,000 (the cost of one year’s PSU tuition for an in-state student!) towards our scholarship endowment fund through participation in the Generosity Philly 5K on Sunday, October 30, 2016, at the Philadelphia Museum of Art (2600 Benjamn Franklin Pkwy.). Together, we can make a difference for Philly’s future Penn Staters. Click here for details and registration.
Each year, the Philadelphia Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association awards scholarships to current students attending Penn State University. The awards are based on financial need and academic performance and renewal is not guaranteed.
Applicants must be fully admitted and a full-time student in a degree-granting program of study at any Penn State campus as of the Fall 2016 semester.
Applicants may be in enrolled in an Associate or Bachelor’s degree program of study.
Applicants must be in “good standing” according to University standards and regulations.
Applicants must be a resident of Philadelphia County.
Procedure for Applying: